Filamente supports not only cloud identity authentication, but also synchronized identity and federated identity authentication. This means that, if your SharePoint site is configured to use Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), you will be able to access your SharePoint site with your corporate ID in the form of a user principal name (UPN; for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
To add a SharePoint site with Office 365 authentication, please perform the following steps:
- From Workspace, tap “+”
- Provide Site URL, Description and tap Next (If you leave Authentication as ‘Detect automatically,’ Filamente app will detect a correct authentication method)
- Tap New User…
- For Username, provide user name in the form of a user principle name (UPN; for example, email@example.com).
- Provide Password
- Tap Save
If you have a trouble accessing your SharePoint site with Office 365 authentication, please verify if the authentication method for your SharePoint site is set to Office 365 by performing the following steps:
- From Workspace, tap Edit on the top left corner
- Select your SharePoint site
- Verify that the value of Authentication is Office 365. If it is set to Office 365, tap Cancel. If authentication is not to set Office 365, tap Authentication, select Office 365, tap Next and tap Save.
If you still cannot access your SharePoint site after setting the authentication type to Office 365, please verify your user name or change password. Please click this link to learn how to change password. Please note that your user name should be in the form of a user principle name (UPN; for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).