This page contains the list of tips and frequently asked questions (FAQ) based on a compilation of the feedback we have received from you. If you have an issue and cannot find the solution from this page, please contact us.
What is Filamente?
How can I buy it?
Do you have a free version of Filamente?
What is different between the full and lite versions of Filamente?
1. Add/Upload/Delete a file to SharePoint document library
2. Add/Attach/Delete a file attachment to a SharePoint item
3. Take a photo and upload it to a SharePoint document library or attach it to a SharePoint item (Available in iPhone and iPad 2)
How is my authentication information handled via Filamente?
Is my data transmitted to anywhere other than my iPad and my SharePoint site?
Are the local cache and documents stored securely?
How can I change my SharePoint password?
Managing Sharepoint Sites
What versions of SharePoint does Filamente support?
What authentications does Filamente support?
I cannot connect to my SharePoint site after providing Site URL, Username, Password and Description.
Is there a way to go directly to a specific page instead of the root directory of our SharePoint site?
I cannot upload a document bigger than 50 MB using Filamente.
Can Filamente edit documents?
- Text files (.txt, .html, .xml, etc.): In Filamente, you can create or edit a text file from “Local Documents” view by tapping “+” button, and then upload to SharePoint using “Upload from Local Docs” option.
- MS document files or PDF files: You can send these documents using “Open In…” from Filamente, and edit these documents using a third-party application such as DocsToGo, QuickOffice or iAnnotate, and send them back to Filamente. And then, you can upload those updated documents to SharePoint using Filamente.
Is it possible to “download” a PDF from SharePoint using Filemente, hand over the document to the PDF editor, and then put it back into SharePoint?
What type of documents can I view using Filamente?
How do I put documents to Local Documents?
- Using “Open-In”—You can send a document from other applications such as Mail App via “Open-In” function. For example, if you have an email with a document attached, you can open the email from Mail App, view the attached document, and send the document to Filamente using “Open-In” menu. The document will be stored in the Local Documents folder of Filamente.
- Using “Save” button—When you view a document from Filamente, you can tap the Save icon (icon with Floppy Disk shape). The document will be stored in Local Documents folder.
How do I pull up a SharePoint document, edit it and then save it back to SharePoint?
- Select a document to edit
- Tap Action item, and tap “Open In…”
- Select a third-party editor program such as DocsToGo
- Edit a MS-word or excel file from DocsToGo
To upload an edited file to SharePoint:
- From DocsToGo, send the edited document using “Open In…” function or Mail app.
- From Filamente, tap “Local Doc Upload” to upload a document.
How can I open an excel file with macro (.xlsm) within Filamente?
If you are using Office 365, please perform the following steps:
- From Filamente, open the xlsm file.
- Tap the “Quick Access” button located on the top right corner next to Refresh button (This will open the SharePoint site in an embedded web browser)
- Open the xlsm file within the web browser through Office Web App
If you do not have Office 365 or Office Web App, convert an xlsm file to xlsx file from a desktop, and upload the converted xlsx file to a SharePoint site from a desktop to be able to view the content.
When I register my Office 365 site, I receive HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server error. I am using a P1 account with my Office 365 site.
With SharePoint 2010, I can see all subsites but I cannot explorer their contents (when I tap the subsite, the same subsites list again and again)
When a user with read permissions is connected in sharepoint by Filamente Light, the user don't see anything in “Sites and Workspaces.&rdqou;
I receive “No Internet Connection” error even when Wi-Fi is turned on.
I am unable to see the “Open in Filamente” option in the Mail app or any other app.
I am using SharePoint 2003. When I go down a SharePoint folder, I am unable to see any files within the folder.
I can only see this month and some dates in the next month. The rest of the calendar is blank. Am I doing something wrong?
My SharePoint is in a local LAN, and I receive “No Internet Connection.” What should I do?
- Tap Settings icon located on the bottom right corner of Filamente.
- Tap Detect Internet Connection.
- Turn off the Detect switch.